A couple of weeks ago I got to thinking a bit about my adopted home town and it prompted me to post some thoughts here. Very shortly thereafter by the magic of the intertubes I had received links in from local blogs the Kingstonist and K7 Waterfront thus generating far more traffic than I probably deserved. Fast forward a week or so and after much money had changed hands Junior was very kindly invited to be a contributor to the Kingstonist.
My personal philosophy as it pertains to living in Kingston is best summarised by “there must be a better way and it ought to include traffic circles roundabouts” [ed: junior is showing his age]. That generally puts me into the class of individuals who can in an instant tell you how city hall ought work but when pressed for details will turn quickly towards the bar looking for another pint. I don’t think this is necessarily a bad thing – the world needs its dreamers and of course there are also plenty of people in this world just itching to implement mad schemes – think of me as your Kingstonist dreaming schemer always on the lookout for beer….
Now, before anyone gets all excited and nominates me for a pulizter or similar literary recognition, please rest assured that not only am I a terrible writer, but also I must for the moment remain somewhat anonymous – nothing mysterious or clandestine – merely to ensure a separation of private and professional life. However the curious amongst the readership might wish to know that friends of Junior will generally agree that he:
- enjoys a good beer or two whenever the opportunity presents;
- is the husband to a beautiful and incredibly patient wife;
- is the father of two fierce creatures;
- is a bit stupid for traffic circles;
- is fiscally conservative – otherwise known as cheap;
- is a resident homeowner in kingston for the past few years;
- likes nothing better than to (1) storm down an autobahn as fast as possible, and when autobahns are not handy to (2) devour books voraciously; and
- has been an unfaithful fan of the Montreal Canadiens since about the age of eight.
Thank you Mr Kirkpatrick and supporters of the Kingstonist – I will give it my level best to live up to the standard set already….